Sunday, 30 May 2010

So some photos:


computer fixed!

I have finally managed to get my computer fixed and thus am able to update this blog properly again. I have left many of my painting projects by the wayside lately as I have been sorting out real life stuff however there are several projects whcih have not been placed upon these pages.
These include:
Tale of gamers empire army
Chaos warriors army
The vendetta project
The mass guard repaint.

The first of these is my empire army that I have had for years. I converted chunks of it inot dogs of war however they are now a completely unuseable army as I play in a GW and thus cannot use the foundry models I have purchased for them. Thus a tale of gamers project appeared and I rooted through my boxes to find if I had anything to join with and realised I had a load of empire and dogs of war that were close enough to be used in an empire army so I threw together an army of 500pts and threw a brush over as much as I could getting nearly all of it painted in two days. This army shall be expanded by 250 points a month.

I have mentioned my chaos warriors on here before however have never posted any pictures. I played a majority infantry list for a while and lost hideously then I changed a few things round to get a balanced list that I am happy with. Now that is done the painting can be done properly and not piecemeal. I have managed to finish off the majority of the main block of warriors most of the lord but not his mount. Some halberd wielding warriors minus their shields and not much else so I shall endeavour to finish this army a unit at a time to make my life easier!

The vendetta project is well my vendetta. after realising the usefulness of a vendetta in a list and having written a 100 pt list that I like I set about converting one up. This took no time at all as I had some lascannons stashed a away. now it is sprayed it needs painting and I have decided (more fool me) to paint it like my converted chimera whcih means much fine art and pva glued paper nonsense. It should look stunning when finished though!

The mass guard repaint came abbout as I looked at my older guardsmen. I had already started repainting my camo cloaked guys into german field grey this colour then took over my veterans and now it has decided to take over my main guard army. These guys were painted to a basic standard so needed touching up anyway and a rebase. Thus all of my old guard are going to be brought up to my current standard in basing and painting. each of the units shall come from a fully written list so everytime there is a guy missing he shall be made up and put into the unit. In this way i hope to get them all finished....eventually.

SO a lot happening (this is all on top of my standard painting backlog including brettonians, easterlings, harad, goblins, and the odd model that doesnt really fit into an army).

pictures shall be forthcoming!


Tuesday, 6 April 2010

Clean and spray

Lately I've been trying to get through a giant backlog of minis that have been sat around. Lots has been done and painting is underway. The first nearly finished model is an old cold one I've been playing with.
I've also been trying to finish off my chaos army which is going quite well. Just a quick update but more shall be written soon!