Wednesday 12 November 2008

Little Work

Unfortunately I didn't do too much painting last night. To busy with beer writing and talking to the girlfriend!

Today was the same as yesterday at work TBH. weather was good and not as cold which was nice. Finsihed the site off today, pulled out some more pot and CBM, found a whole pot in the subsoil as well! is near enough 19th century at least so not early oh well. County reckoned we had hit the edge of the Richomnd palace moat (well possibly anyway). We werent able to go deep enough to ascertain whether we were or not but anyway all backfilled returfed (ish) and looking relatively tidy, good days work I'd say!

Back to the models....
I actually did one of the basecoat layers on the 16th troops and vox. Is Tamiyas XF65 field grey. An amazing paint which gives a very matte finish adding some texture and interest to my minis IMO. I may paint the black on them today (armour and inside cloaks) after that its just three washes a highlight on the armour and flesh and then tidy up the cloaks! Oh and basing theough thats quick and easy. HAve one that is very nearly done so may do him today to keep me on the move!

Short post but I may have pictures for tomorrows post oooo!

A

No comments: