Tuesday 17 February 2009

Another army?

Not content with the models I already have and the release of War of the Ring being imminent I decided that I best get me some of those easterlings that I have been glancing at for a while. Armed with knife clippers and glue I have put together my first five guys, they arent that difficult to put together and the sculpts and and production have left very little flash whcih is nice.

As it is War of the ring companies of 8 men of the same type are the order of the day so at least two more boxes of the easterling foot will have to be purchased! no matter.

As for painting them I came up with a nice quick and simple solution...
1. undercoat black
2. heavy drybrush of bestial brown
3. paint the armour bronze
4. paint the cloth red
5. paint the flesh flesh colour
6. wash with ogryn flesh and devlan mud
7. highlight all areas with previous colour

Should go very fast as they dont have faces that are in need of painting, the heavy drybrush will base the light colours of the model to make the recesses stand out, this reinforced with a wash and highlight shoudl get a decent playable army on the table as soon as possible!

Another army onthe list is goblins, I managed to aquire some fo the guys from the main boxed set and want to again do them quickly and simply. more details on that shall be coming soon!
also coming soon:
guard and bret updates

A

No comments: