Thursday, 26 February 2009

Well I did buy those extra two boxes of Esterlings and I havent even finished putting the first box together!

I have made some progress with them though. I built five (2 sword 2 bow and a pike) so that I coudl test them out. I have finished painting on of the swordsmen. The method of painting that I described in my last post works perfectly though I have skipped the flesh bit because they dont have any exposed! Makes my life a little easier.

I Have also got a horde of gobbos that need doing and I was looking for a similarly easy method of painting for them. Soooo I built 50 odd of them and sprayed them up.
The painting is going to be as follows:

1. Drybrush with shadow grey
2. paint the flesh in green
3. paint the spear brown
4. paint the spear tip and other metal silver
5. paint the shield design in iyaden darksun
6. wash the flesh with ork flesh wash and the rest of the model with Devlan mud (maybe just go for the Devlan mud!
7. pick out the flesh with green
8. paint the spear shaft up to near red (mix of brown and red then a heavy red mix of the same)
9. pick out the eyes in pure red
10. base them

This should be fairly quick as they will be batch painted as well, need to get a couple more paints though that isnt too much of a problem.
As far as other armies go the following updates are:

scout squad is now sprayed and the sarges face has had its first two coats of flesh, the marine bike is also sprayed and the basecoats have gone on the marine. the bikes front plating has been painted up to a mid/light blue finish from dark blue, the edging has been doen in bronze.

finished basecoating five Istrians and have washed them. Have picked out the armour on two and the cloth on one of those as well as the skin and the start of the detail. basecoated a sniper all the way up to wash stage and ave given him a wash of devlan mud!
painted two mortars with boltgun though not sure what to do to make them a little more detailed, may just go for a decent base. Have also been painting one of my stand alone missile laucnher conversions based off of the old hunter killer missile.
Sprayed the 1st squad for blue platoon 2nd company 7th comitatense now to paint them...
Oh and started to put together a bssie.

Have sprayed up all fo the hirses and the command figures for my kotr. have started with the blue basecoats on 4 horss and a banner for the kotr. I have also managed to basecoat a horse for a mounted yeoman. Several paesant shave been sprayed up as well. these are command units for my peasants so shoudl be fun to paint up.

Thats pretty much it for this update more will be done soon you will see...


No comments: